While sitting on a plane in Omaha waiting to take off for home, I came up with these 12 travel tips for business travel. This list is by no means exhaustive, it’s just as occurred to me before I had to put my phone in airplane mode.
- Always smell your “clean” hotel towels BEFORE you dry your face.
- Many local craft beers are just not good. You have to try a lot of bad ones before you find the diamond in the rough.
- It took 6 months of travel almost every weekend to finally qualify for Sky Priority on Delta.
- The biggest benefit of Sky Priority? I can use the bathroom right when I get on the plane so I don’t have to get up during the flight.
- Full-size laptops are impossible to use with the seat back tray. T-Rex arms all the way.
- If you order a beer on the flight, there’s a 50/50 chance the flight attendant will give it to you for free because it’s a pain for them to use the mobile CC reader AND if you’ve had the opportunity to be friendly when boarding.
- You can check your roller bag free of charge if you do it at the gate.
- Airport food is mostly terrible. A few exceptions were Vienna, TGI Friday’s in Atlanta, and the BBQ place in Birmingham.
- Bring your own bottle for water refills. You can bring empty bottles through security.
- Podcasts are awesome.
- Get an Amazon Prime account and use the Amazon Video app on your phone. Pre-download series and movies and you’ll be good to go.
- I really need to buy over the ear headphones for comfort. In-ear ones for several hours at a time make my ears hurt all weekend.
I hope these 12 travel tips help and if you have any of your own to share, please do in the comments below!